About Us

AVS Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya was established in the year 1955. Initially started with Diploma Course in Ayurveda, later upgraded with Degree Course and now it is having Post Graduate & Ph.D Courses. Since the inception the Institutions catering the needs of Students and Society. This Institution has 150 bedded well equipped Hospital. More than 40 Teaching Faculty members are serving in this Institution. The Institution feels proud to have around 2000 alumnis. This Institution is crowned with 48 ranks to the University.

Ayurveda Vidyalaya Samiti

In June 1955 a meeting of the admires of Ayurveda was called at the inspiration of Hon. Shri B.D.Jatti the then Dy. Health Minister Bombay State. In this meeting the Shuddha Ayurveda Vidyalaya Samiti took shape to impart education and treat patients according to Ayurvedic System.The samiti is registered under the Bombay Public Trust act 1950 and our Reg No. is E.78(BJP) 15-11-58 & also registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 No. is Mys/59/(BJP) 9-8-1957.The Samiti made an humble beginning with a membership of 10.The name of the Institution was changed to Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya in the year 1961.

In the year 1956 in order to provide facilities for students to impart education in clinical subjects a Hospital was started attached to the Vidyalaya with 12 Beds and an Out Patient Department. It was declared open by Hon. Shri Shantilal Shaha the then Minister of Health. A grant of Rs. 50,000/- was given by Central Government in 1961 to equip Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology & Preventive Medicines. Meanwhile we experienced great difficulties in accommodating our selves in our rented buildings and so efforts were started to secure a suitable Government site for our building. With great efforts we are glad to say that we have been able to secure 91,526 Sq.yards for play grounded 15 acres for the purpose of our Institutions.